Thursday, May 20, 2010

Week 5 - Music Files and mp3s

I love music..well not exactly...not the kind of music (if you can call it that) that comes out now. Although in fairness, there are some "newish" artists that are ok. I'm more into the old stuff...I love Metallica, Black Sabbath, Tool, Killing Heidi, Fur Patrol, the nice stuff lol....

I visited a couple of these sites and found them easy to navigate and use. http://itsfreedownloads.com/ and http://www.mp3.com/ were my favourite ones. I'm not really into downloading stuff from the internet anymore.

I think the patrons at this library would find it too complicated to use. We'd have to sit there all day with them and show them where to click, why we're clicking, when we're clicking (lol) but the younger patrons would find it easy. I honestly did not know that there were so many sites we can download music - FOR FREE. You learn something new everyday.

1 comment:

tosca said...

I've seen Killing Heidi live a couple of times and Fur Patrol a trillion times (that's how much I enjoy their music). Very diff sort of stuff than what saturates the radio stations/tv now.

You might find that your patrons possibly know other sites to use and would opt for those instead of these ones and others, like you point out, might just find it all a little bit too much.

Congrats for completing week 5!

Blog Archive